Housekeeper Job duties
General Job duties of a housekeeper
Here, let’s take a look at the general job duties of a housekeeper in a hotel. It includes:
Ensure guest’s safety and their property
- Protect company’s property
- Respond to guest’s request
- Report out of order issues to supervisor
- Keeping guest room tidiness and material available in the pantry
- Comply with hotel’s safety and security’s regulation and operating procedures
Besides this, what exactly a housekeeper need to do inside a hotel room? It includes:
- Cleaning up and dispose of trash
- Reloading housekeeping cart
- Keeping furniture in place
- Straightening up guest items in good order
- Making bed > replace linen, duvet cover, pillow cover
- Restocking guest room and bathroom amenities
- Communicate with supervisor and front desk about room availability
- Informing supervisor or technical staff if appliances or equipment not in function
- In addition, a housekeeper has to
- Report lost and found items
- Pest control management
- Giving turn down service in the evening
- Deep cleaning in back of house area
- Collect and deliver laundry items
Is it hard to be a housekeeper?
Firstly, when you work as a housekeeper, you may expect there would be approximately 6 hours of cleaning within a duty shift.
Secondly, there would be 12 to 16 guest rooms that need to be cleaned every day.
Thirdly, the level of difficulty would depend on different checked-out conditions. It varies across different room sizes and settings.
Besides, the following housekeeper job duties require moderate exertion:
Dusting furniture, walls, ceiling
Mopping the floor and stairway
Sweeping the floor and stairway
Vacuuming carpet and guest room interior
Scrubbing bathtub, wall tiles
Wiping window, mirrors, glasses
Pulling linens from the bed, from cart
Carrying trash bags
Kneeling in cleaning bathtub
Squatting and kneeling in making the bed
Manipulating housekeeping cart
Climbing ladders to reach a high level
Stooping in picking up rubbish
Reaching to keep things in place
Arms flipping to spread bedsheet and duvet
Straightening up small items arranged in the room
Long hours of standing
To conclude, there is a lot to do for a housekeeper.
Want to check if your body is related to some common injuries among housekeepers?